WHAT : DE HEK
Think Tank Topic: Mental Wellbeing In Business
Jul 17, 2020
DANNY : DE HEK / ELITE : SIX MEMEBERS
ELITE : SIX Think Tank meetings are discussed over Zoom with our members every Friday at 9:30am.
Facilitated by DANNY : DE HEK meetings are recorded for our Podcast, we’ve been doing this since COVID-19 if you’re interested in joining in with us check out our website at dehek.com
- If you personally are prone to anxiety or depression, then you actively need to build up a network of supportive people around you.
- Problem shared is a problem solved
- While there often is no apparent reason for someone to take their own life; there can be prior subtle signs. We need to listen carefully if we are close to them.
- We don’t talk about it, but there is no harm if you do
- People taking their life when they feel there is no way out
- Celebrate all the successes no matter how big or small they are
- I've found its so important to have "something" I do for me... once a week I try to have a coffee date with a friend & that's my me time, download. It's great if they are in business & you can download together then just chat..
- Being sad, angry, hurt is ok. There is nothing wrong with those emotions.
- You never say the words I know exactly how you're feeling, because it's impossible to know how someone is feeling a nicer way to say this would be to say I can only imagine what you were going through at the moment.
- Alcohol drinking too much drinking when you are low.
- Avoid alcohol around stress. Have to look carefully at problem and booze interferes.
- Entrepreneur can be perfectionist
- Having that attitude of I can do this is so important
- Comparing ourselves to others is not productive
- We can create our own stress when often we find later it's misplaced.
- Having no one to talk to
- Getting useless information from well meaning people.
- False modesty and unwillingness to admit failure.
- Do some Physical Exercise
- Realise it is ok if things are not smooth sailing in business. That is normal.
- Trust yourself as you do not know what is going on in someone else's business
- Join/Find group of link-minded people and talk.
- Find some practical things that you could do to support someone
- Immerse yourselves in successful network groups like elite six where issues can be shared in supportive ways.
- A walk in the forest & catch up with an old school friend has been great.
- Build systems in your business to relieve pressures
- Ask people how they are on a scale of 1 to 10
- Don't believe the hype
- Identify the supportive people around you and reach out to them when things are not going well for you.
- Find a network like ELITE : SIX or someone you can share success, failure and uncertainty with.
- Celebrate every success big or small
NEXT WEEKS TOPIC - CRISIS MANAGEMENT